“Tips for Properly Washing Your Face”
The most essential requirement for having a beautiful face is proper washing. The experts always tell you to wash your face well before applying cosmetics or any medications for your acne.
Cleaning your face properly is necessary for maintaining beautiful and healthy skin, so we have some tips that we have put together to show you how you can properly wash your face.
1. Be sure to get rid of all traces of cosmetics on your face. Cotton balls and creams are the best to use to avoid causing damage to your skin.
2. Only use lukewarm water because water that is too hot or cold will dry out your skin. This allows for deeper cleansing by opening the pores.
3. Avoid using harsh soaps or cleansers that will dry out your skin and eliminate all natural lipids. If you prefer using soap, find ones that are mild. Or, use cleansers that are free of soap and mild like Netrogena, Cetaphil of Burt Bee’s.
4. Use your middle and pinky fingers to gently massage your face upwards. Never rub your face too hard because it will do more damage than it will good.
5. Always rinse your face well to get rid of any soap or cleanser residue that can clog your pores. Many facial cleansers leave behind an invisible residue that you need to remove. Try rinsing three times and then again.
6. Never rub your face to dry it. Pat it dry with a soft towel that is non-abrasive.
7. Use toner that is alcohol free on your face which will help your face to feel smooth and refreshed. The best toners for the face are astringents and toners that have glycolic or alpha hydroxyl acids which will reduce the size of the pores and help to prevent ingrown hairs. These work aggressively and fast. It is also a good idea to look for a product that is not sensitive to light.
8. Finish off your cleansing with a light moisturizer to replenish the natural oils that have been lost. A product that has only small amounts of chemical additives is the best to use. The best moisture treatment to use is one with pure vitamin E, or Aloe Vera oil. It is available in liquid form or a capsule (eg. Aloeride) that can be broken open and the oil applied directly to the skin.
These are eight simple steps that will help you keep your face clean, healthy and beautiful. Start your healthy face cleaning regime today and you will see beautiful and glowing skin in no time.